Friday, February 1, 2013

The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge-A Star is Born

Hello everyone!  I am posting my entry into this week's Cuttlebug Spot Challenge.  I have two sports stars in my family, Dennis and Ruby, they played basketball this year in Mini-Hoops.  This gave me an excellent opportunity to make a layout for their basketball season this year.  I haven't printed my pictures yet to place in the mattings, so you will have to imagine that there are cute pics in these layouts.  I made two scrapbook pages with the same layout for both.
Their mascot is a lion (from Team Spirit cartridge), school colors are red, white & blue, and both of them were #23 (jersey from basketball cartridge).  I used MCT dies for the smaller matting and the strip that has sentiment stamped (MCT stamps) on it.  The larger matting was created with my gypsy.  One of the mattings was ran through a star embossing folder before cutting with the die.  I then used red and blue chalks to enhance the star embossing.  I used the same technique except with a different embossing folder and ink instead for part of my title.  You can get a closer look at these two items below.
I cut out stars from the Plantin School cartridge and used Sports candies stamps by Jaded Blossom to add more detail.  I used a set of Doodlebug font stamps for the letters to makeup their names on each layout.  I also used a ticket stamp in a set by Karen Foster to make my journaling area.  This turned out super cute!
 I included below a picture of my daughter, Ruby's page. 
I hope you liked this layout and thanks for stopping by.
 
Margaret

6 comments:

  1. OM Gosh, this is amazing!!! I love your scrapbook page, it has the WOW factor!

    Thank you for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic layout, loads of detail. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! Love the way you used the sport candies.
    ~Candace
    Jaded Blossom Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout !!! Love all your detail and used of stars !! Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby layout - so many interesting details and great die cuts.

    Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot this week. Hope you can pop back for our next challenge.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or question for me. Thanks so much!